ABOUT NIKKOL ADAMS
A Passion For Counselling
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor and Certified Yoga Instructor who uses the pronouns she/her. I have a deep passion for the mind and body connection – helping individuals understand their emotional and physical experience through the use of therapy and yoga.
As your counsellor, my primary objective is to create a safe, compassionate, non-judgemental, and confidential space for healing to take place. I take the time to fully understand your concerns and work alongside you to ensure my approaches are designed to meet your unique needs. My priority is to ensure you feel supported as we work together to discover your strengths and resources.
The process of healing is a delicate and complex journey. Together we will work to uncover barriers to obtaining balance and vitality in your life as we address your concerns related to well-being. The ultimate goal is for you to feel a sense of security and control in managing your emotional well-being.
CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- Masters of Counselling Psychology: School and Youth Concentration – Adler University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Minor in Counselling and Human Development – Simon Fraser University
Play Therapy Training:
- Expressive Play Therapy Certificate – Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Mindfulness-Based Somatic Therapy (Level 1, 2 & 3) – Hope & Heal Therapy and Training
- RYT-certified 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training – Shelley Tomczyk from Shakti Path of Yoga
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training – Rainbow Kids
- Trauma Informed Yoga Core Training – Yoga Outreach
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training with a focus on Trauma Informed Theory and Techniques – Yoga Outreach Certification Program
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training:
- Suicide to HOPE – Living Works
- safeTALK – Living Works
- ASIST – Living Works
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Level 1 Clinical Training) – Adler University
LICENSED AND REGISTERED WITH: